Sunday, June 03, 2012

Pete Waterman Presents The Hit Factory (The Soundtrack To A Generation)

As you know, my favourite songwriters and producers are Stock Aitken Waterman, who produced hits in the 80's and 90's for artists such as Kylie Minogue, Jason Donovan, Rick Astley, Bananarama, Dead Or Alive, Donna Summer, Steps and Samantha Fox.

On July 9, they're releasing a new box set, a must for both fans and beginners. You can pre-order the deluxe edition from Amazon. It includes a bonus disc with rarities.

"The Hit Factory" tracklist - CD 1:

1. Mel & Kim - Respectable
2. Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up
3. Kylie Minogue - I Should Be So Lucky
4. Dead Or Alive - You Spin Me Round (Like A Record)
5. Bananarama - Love In The First Degree
6. Jason Donovan - Too Many Broken Hearts
7. Sonia - You'll Never Stop Me Loving You
8. Lonnie Gordon - Happenin' All Over Again
9. Loveland - Let The Music (Lift You Up)
10. Sybil - When I'm Good And Ready
11. Brother Beyond - The Harder I Try
12. Hazell Dean - Whatever I Do (Wherever I Go)
13. Divine - You Think You're A Man
14. Sinitta - Toy Boy
15. Big Fun - Blame It On The Boogie
16. Pepsi & Shirlie - Heartache
17. Princess - Say I'm Your Number One
18. Kylie Minogue & Jason Donovan - Especially For You
19. Steps - Heartbeat

"The Hit Factory" tracklist - CD 2:

1. Kylie Minogue - Hand On Your Heart
2. Bananarama - Venus
3. Hazell Dean - Who's Leaving Who
4. Cliff Richard - I Just Don't Have The Heart
5. Rick Astley - Together Forever
6. Sinitta - Cross My Broken Heart
7. Samantha Fox - Nothing's Gonna Stop Me Now
8. Dead Or Alive - Lover Come Back To Me
9. Opus III - It's A Fine Day
10. Stock Aitken Waterman - Roadblock
11. Princess - I'll Keep On Loving You
12. Lonnie Gordon - Beyond Your Wildest Dreams
13. Jason Donovan - Sealed With A Kiss
14. Sybil - The Love I Lost
15. Brother Beyond - He Ain't No Competition
16. Sonia - Listen To Your Heart
17. The Reynolds Girls - I'd Rather Jack
18. Mel & Kim - Showing Out (Get Fresh At The Weekend)
19. Steps - Tragedy
20. The W.I.P. 2 Tribute Mix

"The Hit Factory" tracklist - CD 3:

1. Princess - Say I'm Your Number One (Princess To A King Mix)
2. Mondo Kané - New York Afternoon (Extended Version)
3. The Three Degrees - The Heaven I Need (Extended Version)
4. Morgan McVey Feat. Neneh Cherry - Looking Good Diving (With The Wild Bunch)
5. Mandy Smith - I Just Can't Wait (Alternative 12" Mix)
6. Precious Wilson - Only The Strong Survive (Extended Version)
7. Sybil - When I'm Good And Ready (Original 12" Mix)
8. Jason Donovan - Too Many Broken Hearts (Party Hearty Mix)
9. Kylie Minogue - What Do I Have To Do (Billy The Fish Mix)
10. Dolly Dots - What A Night (Party Night) (12" Remix)
11. Dead Or Alive - You Spin Me Round (Like A Record) (Buzzing Bees Mix)