Saturday, October 01, 2016

New Dynasty reboot coming soon

Wow! I almost died a little. There have been rumours of a reboot of the fabulous eighties soap "Dynasty" for ages, but it has been quiet lately, so imagine my surprise when I read that it's seems like it's finally happening. According to E! and the Hollywood Reporter, Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage – the people behind teen soaps "Gossip Girl" and "The O.C." – are teaming up with the original creators Esther and Richard Shapiro to bring back one of the best soaps ever to The CW.

I am all for reboots, as long as some of the old actors get to make cameo roles. I would especially love to see soap queens Joan Collins, Linda Evans and Heather Locklear show up somehow, even if they won't play their old characters. Maybe the reboot format will make it impossible for them to return as Alexis, Krystle and Sammy Jo.

The only thing that worries me is that the "Melrose Place" and "Dallas" reboots got cancelled so soon. But let's hope this one does better. I mean, it's "Dynasty" for God's sake.