Saturday, October 22, 2016

Lady Gaga's Joanne disappointed me

I have received many questions from people asking me what I think of Lady Gaga's new album "Joanne", so I decided to blog about it. Don't hate me but I'm quite disappointed in it. I'm not saying the songs are bad, there are a couple of growers on it, but her new "mature" sound leaves me cold. I absolutely loved her dance-pop albums "The Fame", "The Fame Monster", "Born This Way" and "Artpop" so my expectations were high. But before you start calling me narrow-minded and accuse me of having "bad taste", please read the entire post.

As much as I love Lady Gaga's voice and her personality, I miss that electronic production. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for artists following their hearts and doing the kind of music they want. It's just not for me. But I respect her wish to do something different and I'm glad for the fans who like this style. Each to their own.

I'm not trying to piss off those who like the album and I won't accept people calling me a "bad fan" because of this. To me, being a fan doesn't mean that you automatically have to love every single thing an artist does. Hopefully there will be some cool remixes of the tracks that I will enjoy more. If not, I'll just stick with her earlier releases.

Unlike some people, I don't care about critics at all. I know many of them didn't like "Artpop", but to me it was an amazing album for fans of electronic pop music. It had the strong melodies and interesting lyrics that Gaga is known for, but with the essential electronic sound. I know that to some people, electronic music isn't as "deep" as other genres, but I couldn't disagree more.

I know what I like and I won't start listening to country, rock or indie music just because some people think it's deeper. There is no right or wrong when it comes to music, just different tastes. Peace out.

This is the Lady Gaga I love: