Friday, October 23, 2009

Melrose Place - Ashlee and Colin fired

Today, it was revealed that Ashlee Simpson and Colin Egglesfield are being fired from the new "Melrose Place"! The creators say that this was always the plan, but the fans think it's because of the criticism the actors have recieved. Violet and Auggie will probably leave the show in episode twelve.

I'm going to miss Violet. I know Simpson isn't the best actress in the world, but I don't think she's as bad as everyone's saying. Besides, I think her crazy character is very entertaining. She reminds me of Kimberly (Marcia Cross) from the original.

And now for some good news. Today, the series producers Todd Slavkin and Darren Swimmer told Entertainment Weekly that Heather Locklear's Amanda will play a big part of the series when she returns, and she will be around for a long time. This is the best news I've heard all year!