Monday, February 13, 2017

Riverdale - Archie Comics goes soap opera

I grew up reading the "Archie" comics and used to buy old copies in a local vintage shop. My sister loved them too and we even used to play Betty and Veronica. Now, The CW have created an exciting new TV series based on the comics, called "Riverdale".

I love discovering new drama series so I had to watch it. I must admit, I was a bit worried about the "darker" tone of the series, but after watching the pilot, I was hooked. I love the mystery and the fact that they have included so many of the characters from the comics, even smaller ones such as Josie And The Pussycats, Ethel, Cheryl Blossom, Dilton, Moose and the openly gay Kevin Keller.

The first three episodes are already on Netflix and a new one will be uploaded each Friday. So if you like teen soap operas such as "Pretty Little Liars", "Gossip Girl" and "90210", you will love "Riverdale". Fun fact is that Archie's dad is played by "Beverly Hills, 90210" star Luke Perry.

Other brilliant TV series I've recently started following: "The Crown", "The Halcyon" and "This Is Us". I highly recommend them!



Photo: The CW