Tuesday, August 09, 2022

Olivia Newton-John has passed away

Last night, I heard the awful news: Australian singing icon Olivia Newton-John has passed away after a long struggle with breast Cancer. She was seventy-three years old.

I am gutted and find it really hard to take in. Olivia is one of my all-time favourite singers and her music means so much to me. She had one of the most beautiful voices in the world. I am especially fond of Olivia's eighties albums "Physical", "Soul Kiss", "The Rumour" and "Two Of A Kind". But all her music is great, that voice can make any song a masterpiece.

Most people know Olivia from the movies "Grease" (1978) and "Xanadu" (1980), but she has done so much more. I want to end the blog post with my favourite Olivia song, "Twist Of Fate", from the soundtrack to her movie "Two Of A Kind" (1983). It's amazing. I hope more people discover her music.

Rest in peace, Olivia. You voice will live forever.



Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube to see more stuff from my life. You can also find more information about me on DennisAlexis.com.